No announcement yet.

HDD problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD problem

first post and first question
    I have some strange problem that happend to me in the third time yesterday with my Seagate 250GB IDE HDD.
    the symptom is this:
    sometimes but mostly after restart , the hdd "forget" his partion, it means that if I have 250GB partition, suddenly when i try to access the drive is not formated, when I look at the partitions allocation in CMS I see 2 parttion, one healthy in size 80GB and the rest is the second partition.
    after It occured in the first time I formated the drive to one partition and didn't try to figure out what was the problem, after the second time I took the drive to the store where I bought it, and after a week I got a new HDD, in the library they told me the drive failed in some boot test... although that I can format it and work with it until it crash again.
    so I worked with the new one for a while without any problem until yesterday the problem appeared again! the same symptom and now I'm not so sure it's HDD problem...
    how I can check where the problem? I have another drive connected to the same IDE cable and it doesn't has problem at all...
    The problamatic drive used for sharing Video,music for a application, maybe it cause the problem because the app watch the drive all the time for new songs, video and more ....
    someone has this problem?
    Thank you
    The desperate man

Re: HDD problem

Use the Seagate tools to troubleshoot the drive.
    It is possible to get 2 bad drives in a row.
    Change the HDD data cable. Is the drive set to Master or Cable Select? Try setting to Master if you are using the default CS setting.
    Change the HDD to a different IDE Port.
    How old is your motherboard? It may need a BIOS update.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015