Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd To Cd Copy

Hello

I want to make a copy of 50 Cd's can any one tell me the fastest way to create the 50 copies, one of my friend advised me ISO Image but i didnt get him what it is please help.

Re: Cd To Cd Copy

Depends on what you are trying to achieve:
    - if you want to have another ready-to use copy of your disk, just copy them with any CD burning software (plain CD copy);
    - if you want to back them up, so you will be able to restore any of them in case of failure, then any kind of CD image can help: ISO - with WinISO, NRG - with Nero and such.
    - if you want your CDs to be available to you even if you don't have them at hand, then you can go for tools like DaemonTools or Alcohol120; with them, you can "translate" the CDs into some type of image and then mount them to your computer.
    All this without me knowing what you are trying to achieve and what kind of data you have on the CDs.
    Hope this helps.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I take it this is a data CDR you are trying to burn?

What CD burning SW do you have?

Burning to an ISO or image (NRG, ???) is nice in that it is easier to replicate the process on N machines. Copy the ISO N times then get N burners working in parallel to burn the ISO to CDR.

@Sorinso

re: DaemonTools and Alcohol120, you can go completely low-rent and mount ISO's w/ Microsoft's "free" Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel (released to help MSDN subscribers handle ISO's w/out burning to disk):

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...olpanel_21.exe

Readme for Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.0.1.1

THIS TOOL IS UNSUPPORT BY MICROSOFT PRODUCT SUPPORT SERVICES

System Requirements
      ===================
      - Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional

Installation instructions
      =========================
      1. Copy VCdRom.sys to your %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder.
      2. Execute VCdControlTool.exe
      3. Click "Driver control"
      4. If the "Install Driver" button is available, click it. Navigate to the %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder, select VCdRom.sys, and click Open.
      5. Click "Start"
      6. Click OK
      7. Click "Add Drive" to add a drive to the drive list. Ensure that the drive added is not a local drive. If it is, continue to click "Add Drive" until an unused drive letter is available.
      8. Select an unused drive letter from the drive list and click "Mount".
      9. Navigate to the image file, select it, and click "OK". UNC naming conventions should not be used, however mapped network drives should be OK.

You may now use the drive letter as if it were a local CD-ROM device. When you are finished you may unmount, stop, and remove the driver from memory using the driver control.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Use you favourite buring software and enter the number of copies, 50. Default number is 1.

kilwani, next post, make sure you include enough information that will enable help without us having to ask teeth pulling questions. Thank you.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

biggles, my dear...
          I think our OP here wants copies for each of his 50 CDs, not 50 copies of one of them...
          Man, I love this forum sometimes... Great minds are trying to guess what someone wanted to do, instead of him saying it from the beginning... I know you already mentioned this, just couldn't help myself

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

1x times 50 -- then there are no economies of scale.
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
              biggles, my dear...
              I think our OP here wants copies for each of his 50 CDs, not 50 copies of one of them...
              Man, I love this forum sometimes... Great minds are trying to guess what someone wanted to do, instead of him saying it from the beginning... I know you already mentioned this, just couldn't help myself
              Mmmm, the answer is going to be interesting. I wonder which will be correct and DITTO bigtime to your (Grammatical construction is leaning in your favor)
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I am sorry for not providing the enough information to answer so here is the scenario:

I have 1 Song CD for which I have to make 50 Copies, a plain CD TO CD Copy by using NERO Burn will be a good option for me but if there is any other fastest way to make 50 copies of that song CD?

I made 1 Copy by using my SAMSUNG DVD Rwriter and it almost completed in 6 mins so it means for 50 Cds i need almost 5 hours which i want to reduce, please let me know if there is any fastest solution for coping.

Regards

Comment

biggles, my friend, it looks like I owe you an apology...

Although
                  want to make a copy of 50 Cd's
                  it's completely different from
                  1 Song CD for which I have to make 50 Copies
                  ... So it's not my lucky day, I won't play lottery today
                  There is more to know:
                  - is there a CD driver and a burner, or only a burner?
                  - are they IDE? SCSI? SATA?
                  - if IDE, how are they set on the IDE bus?
                  Given the new data our OP fed us with, and without knowing the data that is still missing, I would suggest making an NRG image with Nero, to be used as template and then burn 50 copies of the same image.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

First of al do you own the copyright for the "Song CD" you are trying to burn??

Comment

[QUOTE=sorinso;62115] biggles, my friend, it looks like I owe you an apology... [QUOTE]

Not at all, you deserve the You came up with a view we all should have seen. Too much tunnel vision when looking at problems. This is why you got the well deserved MVM title. (Please note that I do not have one.)
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X