Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN setup

Hello friends,

I need some help on setting up a vpn tunnel with 2 sites with a Dlink DI804HV.The specs are as below:

1)Both sides using the same router model
    2)Site A using 192.168.0.x ip range,255.255.255.0 subnet
    3)Site B using 10.3.0.x ip range,255.255.255.0 subnet

I have acquired the vpn setup guide from Dlink site but I got some questions that I need to make sure first.

1)Will the vpn work with the current networking setup as above?
    2)If no,can you suggest me on what should I change to make it work?
    3)If the above setup work,what should I put in the Dlink router configuration
    Local Subnet =
    Local Netmask =
    Remote Subnet =
    Remote Netmask =

That's all for now and thank you very much for the help.

Re: VPN setup

Hi,

Simply put your router make and model into Google, and then the second hit you get is this one: http://www.vpnc.org/InteropProfiles/D-Link-DI.pdf which says
    This document describes how to finish VPN configuration on three hardware VPN. models of D-LinkóDI-804HV, DI-808HV, and DI-824VUP+. The VPN options ...
    Do you think that you should make some effort at reading the manual yourself before asking for help from other people?

Best wishes,
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Hello PaulH,

Thank you very much for the help,really appreciated it .I did read the DLink vpn config and I just wanted to know something else before I started the work.I'm a n00b and I'm just trying to get this done on my own for the first time.My boss wants it to be done urgently and I need help desperately because I don't have much time studying and experimenting.I also can't seem to find the right keyword to search in google.At least I got something to refer to now,thanks again.

Comment

OK, jinsatoemo, that's fine. I am concerned that your boss is putting time pressure on you to achieve this task - in my experience, a rushed job causes more problems than doing it slowly, calmly, and properly the first time. See if you can use some gentle diplomacy to buy a bit more time if you need it!

Good luck with your setup. It will work with the figures you posted - the key is that the two LANs have to be different, as you have 192.168.0.x and 10.3.0.x it will work fine. The manual gives an example which is very similar to what your first post says, so follow it through and substitute your figures instead of the ones in the manual and you'll be OK.
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.

Comment

Originally posted by jinsatoemo View Post
          2)Site A using 192.168.0.x ip range,255.255.255.0 subnet
          3)Site B using 10.3.0.x ip range,255.255.255.0 subnet

I

NATing must be there.

In my environment, we have Cisco PIX at both end. I have to check how to do that for D-Link. Not sure. Will get back to you soon.
          Last edited by sco1984; 5th March 2007, 10:53.
          All in 1
          Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Originally posted by sco1984 View Post
            NATing must be there...
            I think that with the Dlink DI804HV NAT is on by default.
            Best wishes,
            PaulH.

Comment

Hello friends,

Thank you for contributing your expertise to this matter.I really appreciate all your effort in helping each other and especially a n00b like me.I've already proposed the plan to my boss and if all goes well,I will start the work this saturday.God bless this community

Comment

Working...
              X