RF Math Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF Math Help

I'm sure we have many Math experts in here. I need a little refresher course on "Logs".
    I basically need to find out how to calculate log's and inverse log's.
    Any help and links will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: RF Math Help

I would start by dropping a visit to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithm . I checked the page, it's full of info (you'll probably need more the calculus part, and less the history part ). You should take a look at the bottom part of the article, the See also, Reference and External links.
    I'll be glad to hear this info helped...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by usits View Post
      I'm sure we have many Math experts in here. I need a little refresher course on "Logs".
      I basically need to find out how to calculate log's and inverse log's.
      Any help and links will be appreciated.
      Thanks.
      What exactly are you looking for?

A library of particular math routines or first principals equations for course work or ???

Any required level of accuracy?

Also, logs in any base or just one in particular?
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I never thought I would post this in here, but your thread is . This is an IT orientated site, not maths.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          I never thought I would post this in here, but your thread is . This is an IT orientated site, not maths.
          I know that this is an IT oriented site but my question is IT related, now you will think how. Well title says it "RF Math Help" (RF = Radio Frequency). I am currently working on my wireless certification and one chapter involves "dB", "dBm", "dBi" and "mW's".
          The reason I need to under stand logs is to convert mW's into dBm's and vice versa.

So here are the equations:

dBm = 10Log(mW)

mW=10^(dBm/10)

Cheers

Comment

In the way back, math and computer science were inseparable.

When I started University the degree offered was "Math and Computer Science". A few years later they made a "Computer Science" only track. Goog thing because theoretical mathematics was putting me to sleep.

Computer folks used to work for Finance or Engineering. Information Technology -- what was that? Sounded like something taught at vocational school. And then going from Information Technology to I/T to just plain IT -- just looking through old business cards.

Back to usits' legitimate IT-related query:

Did you look at this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBm
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
            X