Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft welcome screen does not appear

Hello all,

As the name says I am very new to the whole windows thing. I have windows home edition on my computer, preloaded from the shop i got it from. It was setup origionally with only 1 user account. I have added 2 other accounts recently so have 2 administrator accounts, 1 limited account and the guest account. All the accounts except the guest account have passwords.

The problem I have is that when my machine starts it does not bring up the welcome screen but logs straight in to my user account which is password protected. I do not know why this has happened and the shop i bought the computer from is no longer in operation.

Any help or advise you can give is greatly appreciated as I must admit I am really lost on what to do to fix this.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Re: Microsoft welcome screen does not appear

Click Start then click Run and type in:

control userpasswords2

Click OK. The "User Accounts" dialog box should appear - simply tick the box that says "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."

Also, if the Welcome screen still does not appear when you restart the computer, you may need to do this as well:

Click Start then click Run and type in:

control userpasswords

Click "Change the way users log on or off" and tick the box saying "Use the Welcome screen".
    Last edited by PaulH; 23rd February 2007, 23:06.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Thank you so very much Paul,

Your solution worked perfectly , I spent hours trying what microsoft help suggested without any solution so I truely am over the moon that it now works.

Thank you again, and if your ever in portsmouth i owe you a large beer

Yours, a very happy person

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleSam View Post
        Thank you again, and if your ever in portsmouth i owe you a large beer
        I live in North Yorkshire - I'm getting in my car now.... I'll be there before the pubs shut!
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.
        MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
        X