Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72Gb Dat tapes & Arcserve 2000

Hi All

I have just taken delivery of a new Proliant ML150. Just a little stand alone file server I'm building to replace an old ProLiant 1600. Windows 2K3 R2 server installed and everything checks oout fine.

So I'm suspecting that Arcserve 2000 will not support the 72Gb dat tapes/drive that is installed and as we got a copy of HP Storage Works Data Protector Express (single server edition) with the server I'm thinking that I'll just put that on. However I'm wondering if anyone has encountered problems with with this software or its ease of use?

Andy
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Re: 72Gb Dat tapes & Arcserve 2000

I personally can't see there being an issue with it seeing the tape drive tbh.

Its been about 5 years since i used Arcserve 2000 but from memory it was relatively easy and intuative to use.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I've just spoken to a guy and he's informed me that W2K3 and Arcserve 2000 are a nightmare together. But that's just his experiance on one of his client sites. We use it here on W2K without a problem. I'll be trying the HP software in the first instance I think. Better safe than sorry on a client site

** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You could always use NTBackup until they decide on software.

Comment

LOL Of course your right on the money with that

You know I had forgotten all about the Win backup, funny after using Arcserve and Veritas since I started in IT, how we forget such a usefull tool. Must be my age hehe.

Comment

Working...
          X