Disaster Recovery Plan (sample)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster Recovery Plan (sample)

I need to come up with DR plan for my company and I was wondering if anybody has an example of one or can point me to the right direction.
    I have a rather small company (4 servers) so nothing too complicated pls.
    Thank you

Re: Disaster Recovery Plan (sample)

I see a lot of info here:

Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Disaster Recovery Plan for Org (Inc)

1. Introduction

This document sets out the actions required in the event of a disaster which disables a significant proportion of our organisation's computing ability at one or more sites.

2. Actions
      a. This is a big disaster because lots of our stuff has stopped working
      b. With point a. in mind, the safest course is RUN AWAY!!

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        Disaster Recovery Plan for Org (Inc)

1. Introduction

This document sets out the actions required in the event of a disaster which disables a significant proportion of our organisation's computing ability at one or more sites.

2. Actions
        a. This is a big disaster because lots of our stuff has stopped working
        b. With point a. in mind, the safest course is RUN AWAY!!
        Heh, my boss has said if the server room ever gets totalled, he's quitting...
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by maxim42 View Post
          I need to come up with DR plan for my company and I was wondering if anybody has an example of one or can point me to the right direction.
          I have a rather small company (4 servers) so nothing too complicated pls.
          Thank you
          Here is what I do:

1- Install Symantec Backup Exec on servers
          2- Make sure there is RAID 5 with a hot spare
          3- Add an additional hard drive in the server besides the RAID drives and run Symantec backups on that drive.
          4- Use Iomega Rev Drive 70GB and backup images from the additional drive with Symantec Backup Exec.
          5- Tape goes in a safe or offsite location.
          6- Dell also sells tape drives that you can use with Symantec Backup Exec and instead of doing all the above you can just add those tape drives and change tapes every day.

Hope this helps. Good luck with every thing. Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X