changing keyboard key definitions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing keyboard key definitions

I recently bought a new keyboard (Microsoft model RT 2300) w/o looking too closely at the key layout. Now it turns out they have made a feww changes to the standard key layout in particular to the six-some above the arrow keys. Is there any way to change key definitions to be more convenient for me.
    Thanks.

Re: changing keyboard key definitions

Hmmmm... Odd one.
    You can try one of those keys remappers:
    - http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/
    - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,19645,00.asp

Just two samples, maybe more out there. Didn't used any of them, and if you saw right, they are both free.
    Hope this helped. Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -
    «««««

Comment

Been having a little look at this and it doesn't seem to be that much different to a normal keyboard. The insert key and the delete key have been moved to above the home and page up.

Can't understand what you are trying to achieve to be honest.

Comment

If you are referring to the physical layout of the keys then remapping them wont exactly move them...

EDIT- wullieb1 - whoops did not see you there
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

That was the pic i was looking at.

OP What exactly is it you are trying to achieve??

Comment

I would like to have the end key in place of insert, and insert where the end key is now. This mainly has to do with comfort when using these keys particularly when in combination with ctrl. Insert, PU and PD I hardly ever use while Home, end and Delete frequently.

it is not the end of the world, and I suppose I will get used to the layout, but I find myself pushing the wrong key periodically.

Comment

Try working in China where the most important key a sys admin uses "\" is now above the enter key! It's gonna take me 6 weeks to get used to it then another 6weeks to get back to having "\" in the bottom left hand corner when I'm back in the UK. Dont even get me started on @ " and the UK pound sign (Exactly - I can't even find the fecking thing!!!!).

RANT OVER

Michael
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You're in China for six weeks? Geee, I hope you like rice, man
                Good luck! BTW, couldn't you take a keyboard with you? I received on my last birthday one of those plastic keyboards that you can fold as you like. Goes excellent in a suitcase...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
                In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                -
                «««««

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
                  couldn't you take a keyboard with you?
                  If I had known and I hadn't already been here for 3 weeks I would have

Michael
                  Michael Armstrong
                  www.m80arm.co.uk
                  MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry if I stepped on your toes...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
                    -
                    «««««

Comment

Working...
                    X