Removing AntiVirus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing AntiVirus

When trying to remove Symantec AntiVirus v8 (I think), I keep getting the error message that its failed. This is when trying to do it through add/remove programs. Also when you try accessing the application it brings up an error "missing savrt32.dll file". Now I have downloaded a copy of that file and tried putting it back into the Program Files but to no use. Any ideas? I can't even install a newer version of Symantec AntiVirus over the top as a clean install.

Re: Removing AntiVirus

How to manually uninstall Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.x Client on Windows NT/2000/XP
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

There is a utility from Symantec that removes all traces of most of there products called NoNAV. You have to contact them directly to obtain it and it is not officially supported by them. If that fails then you have to remove it manually (painful!!).

There are copies of NoNAV out there though it changes often, so you should really contact them for the latest.
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Or just click on the link. Take note of what versions this removes. http://www.experts-exchange.com/Secu...l?qid=21424571
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X