Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Tasks

Hi Guys,

i need to give one of the users access to run and watch the Scheduled tasks on one of our servers, i have created a shortcut to the Scheduled Tasks on that server, but now i need to define permissions, i don't want to give here Admin rights i want to give the fewer needed.
    What group would be the best for that porpuse or is there any better solution?

Thanks
    Retaliator
    Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA
    Computer Science Graduate

Re: Scheduled Tasks

By default, to schedule a task, you must be a member of the Administrators, Backup Operators, or Server Operators group on the local computer. By default, when creating a scheduled task, you cannot enter a user who belongs to a group that has more rights than the group you belong to. For example, if you are a member of the Backup Operators group on the local computer, you cannot specify a member of the Administrators group when creating a scheduled task. However, a member of the Administrators group can enable a member of any group to create or modify scheduled tasks, by using the cacls command to modify the discretionary access control list (DACL) of the Tasks folder. By default, the Tasks folder is located in the \Windows folder on the hard drive of the local computer, for example C:\Windows\Tasks. For more information about using cacls, see Cacls. For more information about groups, see Default local groups and Default groups.

Found something
    Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

So, does it solves your problem? Can you declare: Case dismissed?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Actually, it did not help
        i gave the files inside c:\windows\tasks access to the user, but it is not a good solution, i used CACLS..
        Any other solution besides adding the user to a group? (Power users etc)
        Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Hi, after a while i replaced the server to a new win2k3 server,
          the way i tried it does not work,
          i need to give a specific user access to run scheduled tasks on a win 2003 server , i gave access with cacls on the JOBS but i do not want to let the user belong to any local group (power users or so)
          any idea?

Thanks,
          Retaliator
          Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Working...
          X