No announcement yet.

Vpn 2 Go

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vpn 2 Go

Hi there.
    im using SBS2000 ( my network is after ISa2000 ).
    my question is :
    my boss wanted to be able to log into his computer from anywere anytime...
    thats mean he need to connect to my server using VPN and the loginto his computer using RDP.
    if it was just in his home i would go there and creat the VPN in his computer network connection, but since he want to be able to do it from anywere, I Need to creat the VPN connection and configure it and then paste it to a floppy or his USBDisk for him to carry around ?
    is there a way to do it ?
    Is there another way to do creat that link? i googled for it and found nothing...
    one for sure i couldnt teach him how to creat a VPN connection everytime, i want him to be able to click once for VPN and click once for RDP...
    any help would be VERY welcome...

Re: Vpn 2 Go

Why do you need to create the connection everytime??

Why not just create a VPN connection and get him to use that when conncecting???

everytime he logs from a diffrent computer, so that mean he need to configure on that computer the VPN Connection ( ip , password, ect' )
      all i want to do is to creat him this connection icon so wherever he try to log into itll be easy for him.

( p.s : for now i solved it by using LOGMEIN.COM to let him access the computer , but still looking for answer.)

Why is he loggin in from different PC's??

I would seriously start thinking of employing somethin like a Sonicwall SSL box that will allow him to do this.

You do realise that this is extremely unsecure allowing anyone, regardless of how high up the tree they are, to login from any PC. How are you to know if this PC is protected from viruses and other nasties.

I would buy him a notebook. Then he can carry his computer to anywhere he wants. Also you only need to configure the VPN connection just once.
          Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

I would agreed with those answers above, regarding to security and why dont just buy him a labtop!

well, get him GoTomyPC account.... just him, he's "the boss". It's covering everything: secure and access anytime, anywhere that have internet, doesn't need to carry a laptop, and yes, it saves you headache.

Last edited by P2nd; 14th February 2007, 07:04.
            You'll live and you'll learn - Good advice costs nothing but it feel good, you learn something.

Or, you could just forward port 3389 onto the PC he wants to control and then he doesn't have to join the VPN. You'll need to give his PC at work a fixed IP though.
              Best wishes,
              MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008