No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 removing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 removing

I have a dual-boot configuration. How can I remove Windows 2003 from my system while keeping Windows 2000/XP?

Re: Windows 2003 removing

So much info, where do I start?

Delete contents of Windows Server 2003 partition and then edit Boot.ini to point to XP or 2000 as you seem to have a triple boot system.
    Last edited by biggles77; 7th February 2007, 03:59. Reason: Spelling correction.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Windows 2003 removing

Before we do that, how is the dual boot set up? Was WXP the first install then W2K3? Is NTLDR and the BOOT.INI in its own partition or part of WXP / W2K3? Or are you using a boot manager like BootMagic?

If WXP was installed first and it's BOOT.INI is controlling your OS choices, then go with Biggles77's advice.

If some other situation exists, especially if W2K3 was installed first and no separate boot partition / BootMagic, please post back with the setup and we'll go from there.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.