Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcast Music on Network.

Hi all...
    i have a problem, lot of user on my network log into internet radio station and its killing my internet bandwith...
    i want to creat an alternative before blocking the internet radio site, and put a computer that will boradcast music (mp3's ,wma's) inside the network that anyone who want can be lisening and by that save the wasted internet bandwith.
    is it possible ? what application do i need ? what on the client side ?
    there is intenet sites the let u lisend to radio station without any client...
    what do you say, can it be done ?
    thanx
    rAVx

Re: Broadcast Music on Network.

While your concern regarding the bandwith is understandable, I cannot not to ask myself:
    - why would someone want to broadcast music on the Intranet? Are your users that bored? Why not tell them to listen to their CDs?
    - what about copyrights? Is the music you broadcast your own? Or your organization's? Who holds the copyright? Are you going to pay the fees for the broadcast?
    There are solutions for what you want. But it doesn't sounds right to me... If I'm wrong, I'd like very much to know.

A personal advice: I suggest you use iespell, that will allow you to spell check your message before posting. It's free and it's for IE only.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Assuming (and one should never ass u me) you have all the points Sorin brought up covered, Windows Server 2003 is the answer.

The clue is to have a look in the Add/Remove Windows Components and then scroll right down to the bottom of the list. (We have it ruuning on a school Intranet. Works well.)
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Sorino & Biggles77 thanks...

Sorino, really didnt think it throw that far, it was just a "Is it possible" Question.
        but after your remarks... ill guess ill just have to block them the internet radio to free my bandwith, lol, gonna go and look how to do it using ISA...

thanks again !

Comment

I'm glad this is your decision.
          Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X