No announcement yet.

help me need advice

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me need advice

hey guys, my question is that i want to make my programs and applications opens faster and i did all the tweaks possible so i know i need to upgrade some hardwares for this to happen so what would you guys prefer or want me to do with my system i have now:

1. albatron kx600 mobo
    2. AMD 2500+ Althon XP
    3. 1 (120GB) Maxtor Diamondmax HD and 1 (160GB) Maxtor Diamondmax HD
    4. Sony CD drive and BTC DVD rom drive
    5. 512MB consair ram but forgot which config

i think i should add more ram to it???? or faster cpu???...cause all i use it is for internet, music, photos, and dvds so i switch between them alot so it get sluggish like in 3 or 4 hours so i want an upgrade to make it fresh everytime thanks guys

Are you running XP or some other OS?

Do you defrag your drives regularly?

Are you running the indexing service -- a major cause of slow performance?

Have you checked for virus, trojans or spyware slowing the system down?

The specs seem more than adequate -- I have no problems with a lot lower specs than these.

Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

yeah i have window xp pro, i defrag once a week, and i turned off indexing services and also check and scan for viruses everytime i shut down the comp at night

also checked for spyware?
        (using ad-aware or search and destroy)
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

go to

Read the XP Services.

Out of 89 Services, You may need only 18 or less of them.
          "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill