Cant search the Petri web site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant search the Petri web site

I seem to have lost my ability to search the Petri web site. When I try it a dialogue box pops up asking me to enter my email address and press a "Join Now" button. Doing this results in a message that I'm already registered. The only option I have then (other than sending an email to myself) is to close the pop up which leave me back at the home page.

I'm trying to be a good boy and search the site to see if a problem I have has already been dealt with.

Running Windows XP, service pack 1 and this not the machine I usually logon to Petri from.

Re: Cant search the Petri web site

Have you cleared all aspects of your IE (or Firefox) cache?
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
      Have you cleared all aspects of your IE (or Firefox) cache?
      ...and then used the user name and password box to log on to the site?

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Just tried in on my home machine and all works fine. I'll try rvalstar's suggestion from my work machine on Monday and see what happens. I've only just started a new job and yesterday was the first time I'd tried to use Petri from that workplace. For what its worth I was able logon to the forums okay.

Comment

It is probably a Sydney related problem. Never happens in Melbourne of course.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi.
            I had the same problem (so it's not only Sydney, biggles77 ), few minutes ago.
            I was just in the middle of replying to a thread, and went to look for something on the site itself. When I pressed the Go Search button, I got a pop-up window like gsaint mentioned.
            I logged off (I instructed IE to remember my credentials), closed the window, started a new one and logged on again. Then I was able to search again.
            There was no need to clear all my cache, logging off deleted the needed cookies and all...
            Just for you to know.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

I was just stirring the Sydney/Melbourne rivalry we have here in OZ.

If this happens to anyone reading this thread again, could you please mention the browser that is being used and its version.

Ta.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                I was just stirring the Sydney/Melbourne rivalry we have here in OZ.
                I know, I'm aware of it. I have relatives in Melbourne
                I am using IE7 (7.0.5730.11, on XPSP2 updated to the day), that is set to remember my credentials for this site.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                -

Comment

So far, IE7 & Firefox. I use IE6 and haven't experienced this particular problem.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                    It is probably a Sydney related problem. Never happens in Melbourne of course.
                    Well, of course, Biggles77. Nothing ever happens in Melbourne.

Back at work on Monday I have tried again and so far I can't reproduce the problem. I'm just glad sorinso can confirm its real. The machines are left on over the weekend and I did not clear the cache. Just logging off/on to the domain seems to be enough.

FWIW at work I have IE Vers 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.05030.15226CO with the note "This is a customized version of IE"

At home I normally use Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by gsaint
                      Well, of course, Biggles77. Nothing ever happens in Melbourne.
                      Touche!
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Probably a stubborn cookie. Deleting the site's cookie should probably fix the issue.
                        Guy Teverovsky
                        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I'll check on my end. In the meantime why don't you use this cool add on (it's perfectly safe, it won't crash your computer).

Attached the new setup file (currently doesn't contain help file), features:

Context menu enhancements (* if shift is pressed, search results appears in a new window):

Open In Regedit
                          Search In Petri (*)
                          Search In Google (*)
                          Event ID Query (*)
                          MS KB Articles (*)

Search From Address Bar (by provider)

ggl "query"
                          petri "query"
                          kb "query"
                          evnt "query"
                          Attached Files
                          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel. I will check it out. (At home I use Firefox).

I have not been able to reproduce the problem so I suspect its due to some obscure combination of factors. I doubt that its a cookie as I had only just started using this machine when it occurred. Something to tack down near the bottom's of Daniel's "things to look into when I get the time" list, I suspect.

Comment

Working...
                            X