Eny Expirience with Allways Sync Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eny Expirience with Allways Sync Program

Did somebody work with Allways Sync program.
    Recently I've got to know that this program doesn't do automatic sinchronization. It asks to provide license key,but when you press on go on it does make sinchronization.
    I need to make synchronization without user intervention.
    Which options do I have? Purchase the licens (but as I know it is free software)
    or is it free trial software?
    Any advices, suggestion are wellcome

If anybody knows really free software I'll be glad to get link

Don't offer Licens Key
    Thanks

Re: Eny Expirience with Allways Sync Program

Could you please explain what you are trying to synchronise?
    The connection used?
    The OS's on the source and destination PCs (assuming it is PCs)?
    A link to the manufacturers site.

Have you asked the manufacturer about the issue. Since it asks for a license key, I presume it is either shareware or a demo. Either way, it may not offer full functionality until you move to the full version.

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I asked the manufactur that said that I need to configure automatic sinchronization from properties, but it already done.

I have Unix server to the Unix server connected workstation with Windows XP This workstation connected to windows server too)
      On the workstation created maped network drive.

I have another workstation in Another city that not connected to Unix by TCP/IP so cannot mapped network drive on it.But it connected to the Windows server .

So I need to sinchronize two folders one on the Unix server with folder on the first workstation.After i share this folder on the first workstation and make mapped network drive on the workstation in another city.

Comment

And who makes the software?
        Its Friday -- my moderator issue psychic powers never work on a Friday
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The problem is that they installed trial version of this software for 30 days
          Now after 30 days it ask to install full version or enter Activation code that I need to purchase for 20$ per licens.

Its wiered that sys admin install in organization trial period program

Comment

Perhaps you should take up this problem with your System Administrator. He obviously has the power to install the software and should therefore know whay it was installed. He may also be able to obtain liceses for this program so it may work correctly.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

kauf:

Here's the URL for this stuff: http://allwaysync.com/

It is "free" for non-commercial use with limits of files sync'd per month. Doesn't say whether or not it is "nag ware" in this case but in your case, it sounds "commercial"
              Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
              X