X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup Windows auto login for Hibernate

I use Windows 2003
    I use "control userpasswords2" to setup auto-login when Windows restarts
    I use "ForceAutoLogon=1" in Registry to setup auto-login when Windows logoffs
    But I don't know how to setup in order to Windows logins automaticly when I power on my PC after I hibernate it.
    Thank a lots!

Re: Setup Windows auto login for Hibernate

As I remember an auto login after a hibernate is not supported.
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Technically it is loged in when you resume Windows. It's just locked. Same effect as doing Ctrl + Alt + Del and selecting Lock Computer.

Anyways, to solve your problem go to the display properties -> Screen Saver tab -> click on Power -> select the Advanced tab -> uncheck Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby. It works for me.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
        Technically it is loged in when you resume Windows. It's just locked. Same effect as doing Ctrl + Alt + Del and selecting Lock Computer.

Anyways, to solve your problem go to the display properties -> Screen Saver tab -> click on Power -> select the Advanced tab -> uncheck Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby. It works for me.
        Exactly, I've done. Thank a lot for your help!

Comment

That is great your problem is solved.
          As I remember, there is a power toys for windows XP, that will enable you to log on with a specific account. This software will do everything in the registry edittings.

Try it, really cool.
          Best regards,
          Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X