Visio 2000 missing DEO.MSI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visio 2000 missing DEO.MSI

After following a thread here a few weeks ago about using Visio 2000 Enterprise to diagram an Active Directory network, I found myslelf a copy on eBay.

I did a full install. When I run AutoDiscovery installer starts at some point and it want DAO.MSI which is an Office XP file. I have never had Office XP installed and presently have XP SP2 installed and Office 2007.

I can not find any DAO.MSI files on Microsoft, more specifically mdac_typ-Enu-260.exe.

Did anyone else have this problem? Should have done a typical install instead of a complete install?

TIA
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Visio 2000 missing DEO.MSI

Did you Google DAO.MSI?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dao.msi

Looks like a prevalent issue. 1st hit has a DLL regeristration bit that may help. Others look at ATI graphics issues and removing DAO from the machine.

There has to be a pearl in there somewhere.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
      Did you Google DAO.MSI?
      Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?

Comment

I found DAO 3.50 installed it and did a,

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

but ths did not correct rhe problem.

Comment

The posted "fix" had you register it after the unregister. And if you found 3.50, would you have the 360 DLL?

EDIT: Also, change the spelling in your thread's title.
          Last edited by rvalstar; 18th January 2007, 23:58.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

That's correct. I renamed 360 before installing the fix.

How do I edit my title? Selecting 'edit' on my first post does not allow me to edit the title.

Thanks

Comment

Don't know how you edit the title but I did see some frustration from a member earlier this week that he was unable to do so when asked by a mod / admin so I'm thinking something isn't working.

Any mods / admins out there that can change DEO to DAO in this thread title?

On the DLL issue, I'm looking at the create date of my 360 DLL and it was created with my earliest program file folders (before any patching) so I don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: BTW, The reference by Microsoft to Office XP for DAO.MSI is false -- it does not exist. Found this one on both my Visio 2000 Technical Edition disk and Enterprise Edition disk #1
              Last edited by rvalstar; 19th January 2007, 00:53.
              Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Hi.
                This is the thread that discussed mapping AD with Visio : http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=11745
                RobW, notice that this function is available only in the Enterprise edition.
                I searched the caves in my office and found the dinosaur (Visio2000 Enterprise Edition MSDN CD) this week and installed it in a fresh VirtuaPC XPSP2 machine. It installed OK, without problems. And the AD (not only AD, it can connect to LDAP and NDS too) mapping is beautifull...
                It also installed the personal MSSQLServer, maybe the glitch comes from that direction (after all, DAO is Data Access Objects).
                Have you seen this article @Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../uninstrc.mspx

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                -

Comment

Working...
                X