Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero DVD Burning Question-Nero 6 Ultra Edition

Hello,

I have been using Nero 6 Ultra Edition software for some years now without any problems and it continues to do its job admirably.

Recently , however there is something which is puzzling me a little :-

I have been burning "BootIt" image files to DVD 4.7 Gbte single-sided disks and , where the files are > than about 2Gbte in size , I get a failure message when I try to verify the burned files.

The files seem to have been burned OK , as far as I am able to ascertain but ,so far , this has not been really tested by attempting to re-install these files.

If I restrict the size of these files to around 2Gbte in size , then the verification proceeds without any error message.

Can you comment on this ?

Regards,

Bill Nelson

Re: Nero DVD Burning Question-Nero 6 Ultra Edition

Just going to guess Nero uses a signed 32 bit integer for their verification calculations. Haven't come across this, and I "verify" everything, as I try to split large files (Ghost, large ZIPs) at 1 GB -- no particular reason. And I tend to Ghost, backup, ZIP to harddrive first then burn to DVD later.

I realize this is not confirming your question re: BootIt. Doesn't BootIt offer an image verification option?
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Whenever I try to burn with Nero7 a file greater than 2GB in ISO9660 format on a DVD, I get a warning message from Nero stating that there might be problems reading the disk, thus will be better burning in UDF format. Does Nero 6 gives you the option to choose? Maybe here is the problem.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

6.3.1.25 gives that option. Had a problem when I tried buring the Vista Beta ISO using the wrong option as the ISO was bigger than 2GB. Nero 6.3.1.25 options allowed be to burn the DVD with the correct settings.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Haven't had a problem burning full size ISO's but I'm using 6.6.1.4 which brings up a good point for the OP -- what version of 6 are you using?

I imagined a BootIt image file was not an ISO nor an NRG and it was the individual file size that was the issue. Can the OP can clarify that too?
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

OP
            Can someone explain the idiom for a newbie? Please?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
              Haven't had a problem burning full size ISO's but I'm using 6.6.1.4 which brings up a good point for the OP -- what version of 6 are you using?

I imagined a BootIt image file was not an ISO nor an NRG and it was the individual file size that was the issue. Can the OP can clarify that too?
              The version is described as "6.3.1.11 Bundled" - i.e. it came with the DVD/CD drive when I bought that item.

The images are of the form "...img" if that answers your query ?

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post

Please refer to my reply to another poster in this thread for answers to these questions.

Thank you

Comment

I realize this is not confirming your question re: BootIt. Doesn't BootIt offer an image verification option?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I'll check to see if it does.

Comment

OP = Original Poster.

IMG isn't a Nero disk image (NRG, ISO and CUE are the listed file types) so you just add this file to the disk and burn it, correct?

You could try to download a newer version of Nero 6 unless that doesn't work w/ the OEM / Bundled stuff (key you have won't apply to updates in the same major version) but I'm still thinking this is a 4 byte signed integer problem in Nero 6 re: verification failing.

If I feel daring and am willing to make a coaster, I'll burn a 4GB +/- ISO as a file w/ verify and let you know how it goes.
                    Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Thenoo, you can upgrade to the same version I have. I believe it was the last update before they went to 6.6
                      http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/nero6_3.html
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have now upgraded to v. 6.3.1.25 bundled .

I have also completed another burn of a BootIt.img file which is greater than 2 Gbts and this verification also failed as it did under the previous version.

There was a warning notice which said that the file would only be readable under windows ....XP, the UDF file system being used .

Does anyone in this Forum know whether the ".img" BootIt files are verifiable under ANY version of Nero?

I realise that this question should really be addressed to a BootIt Forum and I intend to do so , but , since I am discussing related matters here in this post , I wonder whether anyone has any details on this .

Comment

So this IMG is a bootable image, correct?

That means you need a CUE file for Nero as it doesn't look at IMG's as images, just NRG, ISO and CUE, correct?

To make a CUE file don't you need something like BIN2ISO?

I am able to burn full sized ISO's w/ verify in 6.6.1.4 and I believe it worked it versions prior to yours. Just want to understand your burning process to see if I can replicate in 6.6.1.4 and answer your question.
                          Cheers,

Rick

Comment

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=
                            http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/bootcd.htm

Have a look and see what works for you.
                            1 1 was a racehorse.
                            2 2 was 1 2.
                            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                            X