Problem clicking links in webpages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem clicking links in webpages

Right, here's my problem, every time i click a link in a webpage that opens up a new page, the webpage that is opens is REALLY small, i have to drag it bigger or full screen it everytime, is there a way i can set this back to normal (i know it was once ok) or even better, open the page in full screen?

to be honest, i have tried looking for an answer but i have no clue on what to search for, so my attempts were extreme failures

this isn't a major problem, just one of those major annoyances that get you stressed through the day

any help would greatfully appreciated
    changed

Re: Problem clicking links in webpages

OK - here we go - took me AGES to find this before so I sympathise.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Restore the window.
    3. Size it to the size you want links to open new windows in.
    4. Close Internet Explorer.
    5. Do it again. (1-4)

6. Test - you should now find that links open in a restored window of the new size.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

i can't physically try it yet until i get home but when i do, i'll give it a try then, cheers

also, i'm using IE7 so is there a way i can get links to open in a new TAB instead of a new explorer? that would be much better
      changed

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Murgatroyd View Post
        also, i'm using IE7 so is there a way i can get links to open in a new TAB instead
        of a new explorer? that would be much better
        We are still on IE 6 at work (where I am now), but you should be able to right click the hyperlink and select *open link in tabbed window*.

Comment

I dont have IE7 to check the exact location mate but there should be settings in Internet Options so that you can change the default behaviour so that new windows open up in tabs. Sorry i'm not able to be more specific at this time.

Comment

He's right but I share his situation; I can't remember where the setting is.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

lol, i'll give it a try when i get home, with your suggestions, and if i find a way, i will post it here
              changed

Comment

This thread has info on IE7 tabs:

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
                If you are talking about hyperlinks in this form:
                <A HREF="newwindow.html" TARGET="_blank">a new window</A>

that normally pop up a new browser window, you can change that behavior to opening a new tab in IE7 as follows:
                Tools\Internet Options\General\Tabs\Settings\When a pop-up is encountered\Always open pop-ups in a new tab
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

See these threads for tabs
                  http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=12369
                  http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=12514

About your original question, I know there's at least a few ways to control IE window size (registry, scripts, etc.)
                  http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ie+window+size
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

With IE6, open IE and have it set to max. Right click a link to open in new window. Drag (this is important) the smaller window to the full screen size. (Do NOT use the maximise button or double click the blue active window bar.)

Now switch to the original window and close it (you know, click on the red X. Ok so it is white and the fill colour is red, picky picky picky).
                    Next close the second window that you have resized by draging it to full screen size.

Open new IE window. Right click link to open in new window.

As I said, this works for IE6. I have not tried it with IE7 as I don't use it. Let me know if it does work for IE7. Thank you, thank you very much. (Sorry, just heard an Elvis song)
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                      Thank you, thank you very much. (Sorry, just heard an Elvis song)
                      LOL. You must be having a great day.
                      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
                        LOL. You must be having a great day.
                        I can't tell you that becase I have just left the building.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                        X