Source path office xp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source path office xp

Hello, could any one tell me the source path for office xp? Occasionally an addin or what ever will ask for the cd. I'm not sure what to copy to the hdd from the installation cd.

Thanks

paul

Hello, again I'm ready set the source path it is d:\i 386 is this for winxp??and not office xp ( Please bear with with me I am a bit of a novice!)

Thanks

Paul

Comment

How have you installed Office XP onto your system? eg, default installation, custom install or full install.
      If you installed from a CD then the source path is the CD ROM drive letter then all you need to do is insert the XP Office CD into the CD ROM drive. The program knows where it was installed from and will also know where to look for the addin on the XP Office CD.
      If you don't understand, post back with more questions.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Source path office xp

Originally posted by pstrout
        Hello, could any one tell me the source path for office xp? Occasionally an addin or what ever will ask for the cd. I'm not sure what to copy to the hdd from the installation cd.
        Thanks
        paul
        Copy the entire CD to a folder on your HD if you don't want to pop in the CD everytime office wants to install something.

To save space, you can delete a couple of files & folders from the install folder. Things like clipart, outlook, etc.
        I have all the necessary Office XP setup files in a folder of 224 MB.

Things NOT to throw out of the installer folder:
        OFFICE1.CAB
        PROPLUS.MSI
        INSTMSI.EXE
        INSTMSIW.EXE
        OWC10.MSI

(That's for Office XP. If you have another version, you'll have to experiment a bit).
        make xp behave:

Comment

Working...
        X