Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleted a RAID array configuration but didn't format drives.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted a RAID array configuration but didn't format drives.

Hi Guys,

Made a bit of a faux pas earlier. We have an HP Netserver lc 2000 which had 4 x 36GB SCSI drives configured in RAID arrays in what I think was 1 x drive by itself for OS and 3 x RAID 5 for data as it wasn't an issue if the server was down for a length of time we didn't bother mirroring the OS. I tried to add two additional drives to create a seperate RAID 0 partition but the mistake came when I entered the RAID utility. There are two options from "configure" on the main menu. One is View/Add/Delete configuration which I now know is the one I should have clicked, what I clicked however was the "New Configuration" option which wiped out my other array. I haven't formatted the drives or anything like that so is it possible for me to get this array back and functioning again? If I set up the array with the exact same options as before, will it work?

Regards

Jonno

Re: Deleted a RAID array configuration but didn't format drives.

Originally posted by jonno_2 View Post
    wiped out my other array. I haven't formatted the drives or anything like that
    The RAID controller should have done that by itself...
    What would I do is to connect this drive to another server and see if by any chance there's any data left. If not, I hope you have a good backup...
    Keep the forum posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately you are right! Looks like the controller has reformatted the drives as they have appeared blank on each of the other two servers i've tried them in. The server in question hosts all our client images for Norton Ghost, as there are no PCs being deployed/repaired at the moment it's not the end of the world but I'll have to sift through some backups to restore the images.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno_2 View Post
        Thanks for the reply, unfortunately you are right! Looks like the controller has reformatted the drives
        It usually does that. Thank you for letting us know.
        And good luck with the restoration.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X