HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Shared Network Port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Shared Network Port

HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Shared Network Port > Can I use this port as a ethernet port to load balance traffic on both NIC's? Or this port is just for remote admin purpose for managing this server? I went through document @ HP for this. But they did not menion it clearly. Anybody tried this before ? We have HP ProLiant 350 series tower server.

Regards,
    Amey.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Shared Network Port

Best I know (99.44%), it is dedicated to the iLO function (hard-wired?). I used to work for that outfit and that was my understanding per discussions w/ a Systems Engineer or two when I was retiring old servers / specifying new ones.

The term "shared" is intriguing so I could be all wrong if this is the latest and greatest version.

Anything in the BIOS settings?
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I don't think you can use the iLO port for anything else but administration.
      If you ever scan the address you gave to this port, you will see that only three ports are open: 22 (SSH), 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS). Meaning, it is unusable for anything else.
      And if you contact it through browser, you'll get the administrative web site.

Rick: Buon giorno. Tell me, how do I get 99.44% too?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post

Rick: Buon giorno. Tell me, how do I get 99.44% too?
        10 x 30 \2+50\2-0.56 =??.??
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          WOW !! Why didn't I thought of that ?
          10q, 10q, 10q, 10q (OK, I think you got the point ).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Old marketing gimic for Ivory Soap -- 99.44% pure:

http://www.ivory.com/YourIvoryProduc...oryBarSoap.htm
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Don't know what kind of mathematically system y'all use over there but in Excel:

=10*30/2+50/2-0.56 returns 174.44

Interested how you made that into 0.9944 ???
              Cheers,

Rick

Comment

You need to do it in series
                =(((10*30/2)+50)/2)-0.56
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Isn't math the universal language? Rules of precedence are well established. Without the parens, this is 174.44. With the parens it is 99.44. Both are incorrect.

The answer is 0.9944

Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
                    Isn't math the universal language? Rules of precedence are well established. Without the parens, this is 174.44. With the parens it is 99.44. Both are incorrect.

The answer is 0.9944

OK, technically you are correct.
                    But in the verbal it works fine if the "percent" is assumed:
                    "Ten times thirty divided by two plus fifty divided by two minus point fifty-six equals ninety-nine point forty-four (percent)"

PS - only us geeks would discuss something like this..
                    PPS - I though love was the universal language...
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

So, the correct forumla (sic):

((((10*30/2)+50)/2)-0.56)/100

Although it could equally be expressed:

((4*100)-2.24)/400

Tom
                      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

22 (SSH), 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS)
                        I was hoping for something a little more clever that incorporated 22, 80 and 443.

I guess the calculations put forth thus far do not "float" for me (the Ivory soap claim associated w/ that original 99.44% value).
                        Cheers,

Rick

Comment

I am amazed. Did nobody look at my division signs?? \ and NOT /

Sorry Sco, this thread has gone badly but it is interesting that 1+1=10
                          1 1 was a racehorse.
                          2 2 was 1 2.
                          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
                            I was hoping for something a little more clever that incorporated 22, 80 and 443.
                            Sorry, Rick, but I didn't understand.

biggles77: I think that whoever manages to read between the lines (or signs, in this case) can get to the right result. One should never trust his eyes only

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

I am amazed. Did nobody look at my division signs?? \ and NOT /
                              Only thing I know a "\" to mean in a mathematical sense is either integer division (only in programming, not in mathematical symbology) or matrix "left division". In your equation, regardless of precedence, I'm not seeing a difference in "/" vs. "\". I'm obviously missing something.

Sorry, Rick, but I didn't understand.
                              I was meaning some cute equation that manipulated your list of port numbers to come up w/ 99.44%

I'll stand down on the stuff for a while. Hopefully the OP figured out the iLO port wasn't going to work early on in the thread.
                              Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X