Possibiltyto recover deleted data ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibiltyto recover deleted data ?

I have just deleted data from an external USB drive by highlighting the wrong Folder and then clicking DELETE .

Is it possible to recover this data and , if it is , can someone explain how to go about it, please ?

Re: Possibiltyto recover deleted data ?

Obviously not in the recycle bin?

Is this an NTFS or FATxx formatted drive?
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

First, stop using it to preserve all data in this fragile state.
      Then
      Find an undelete program. There are many out there, however i am hesitant to recommend one. The one I use personally is expensive and come with a suite of tools, but there are many free ones see here for a selection.
      DONT get confused with the disk wipers, then you will really be SOL.

WAIT bad link, hold on
      Last edited by Lior_S; 2nd January 2007, 01:33.
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

http://www.runtime.org/downloads.htm
        Be aware that some of these listed are Demos and may have limitations.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by thenoo View Post
          I have just deleted data from an external USB drive by highlighting the wrong Folder and then clicking DELETE .

Is it possible to recover this data and , if it is , can someone explain how to go about it, please ?

I dont think so . External USB drive is nothing but a memory chip where you store data. The structure of that USb drive is not like our desktop or laptop hdd which has 1 magnetic head, 2 matalic disks inside and etc etc. Its gone once, gone for ever. I think no way to recover deleted data from external drive. We have 500 GB iomega external hard disk drive, i never tried to open it, but i guess those big size hdd's contains the same structure like we have in normal hdd's.
          All in 1
          Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

There are plenty of programs to recover deleted data from USB flash drives as well as from external hard drives.

Just use http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...recovery&meta= and find a suitable product.

As said, DO NOT USE the drive at all. Disconnect it (just unplug rather than shutdown) immediately and buy the appropriate software. Test it then return to the USB drive. Dont expect miracles, but there is a good chance you will get your data back OK

Tom
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              There are plenty of programs to recover deleted data from USB flash drives as well as from external hard drives.

Just use http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...recovery&meta= and find a suitable product.

As said, DO NOT USE the drive at all. Disconnect it (just unplug rather than shutdown) immediately and buy the appropriate software. Test it then return to the USB drive. Dont expect miracles, but there is a good chance you will get your data back OK

Tom
              Tom and/or Ossian,

I followed your URL and choose an App called "Back2Life" .

It worked ! - for which I am extremely grateful both to you for your advice and to the App for getting the data back .

I followed your advice by immediately disconnecting the USB drive after the inadvertent DELETE and not usung it again until I started "Back2Life" - that , incidentally , was also the advice "Back2Life" recommended.

Lesson learned the hard way ! - I've now burned the data to removeable media and will be more conscientious with back-ups in future .

I hope my experience here might help others who read this Forum.

Comment

Excellent -- another happy camper!
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X