Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote pc not accesible

Hi all,

When i access the remote pc it gives error message,can you help me to sort this issue.
    Attached Files

Re: Remote pc not accesible

Originally posted by SIRDON View Post
    Hi all,

When i access the remote pc it gives error message,can you help me to sort this issue.

Well, if you are using Windows 95, it is quite understandable

Please tell us:
    What OS you are using
    What OS the target computer is using
    What domain level is running
    What permissions you have at your PC, target PC and domain
    What firewall software is running on both PCs

You have been a member here for nearly a year-- you should know the posting rules.

Is this related to your other post about remote access?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Total stab in the dark without the information that Ossian asks for; but it looks like the workstation you are attempting to access has "dropped off" the Domain. It happens a lot in NT4 with a large domain, and it happens quite a bit in Windows 2000 and above with workstations that are disconnected from the network for a long time.

To fix it you will need to remove the machine from the domain and re-add it.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        Total stab in the dark without the information that Ossian asks for; but it looks like the workstation you are attempting to access has "dropped off" the Domain. It happens a lot in NT4 with a large domain, and it happens quite a bit in Windows 2000 and above with workstations that are disconnected from the network for a long time.

To fix it you will need to remove the machine from the domain and re-add it.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SIRDON View Post
          Thanks a lot.

In another scenario like if all workstations are running Windows XP Pro with Windows Firewall enables and "No exceptions allowed" check box is ticked, Same problem occur's. This PC probably in another domain may be.

Most possible reason is you dont have domain admin user name and password through only that account you can access some1's "C" drive which is shared by default but need a domain admin account to get access. Better to share the respective folder and then access it . It works !

One more thing, if "pr-3a-00-03" is a Windows 2000 professional machine you can not access it remotely. But you can access other machines through Windows 2000 Pro machine if MS released RDC tool is installed on that Win2k Pro machine.
          Last edited by sco1984; 2nd January 2007, 08:11.
          All in 1
          Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Working...
          X