Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvarion WiMax . Good product .

Hello,
    Anybody heard of this company? Probably you'll say Yes if you live @ Israel. Yeah !
    Alvarion is an Israeli company who manufacture Wireless devices which works on higher frequency. Those devices are specially to start wireless communication between 2 locations where wiring is impossible or expensive. We recently fixed "Alvarion" in our company for demo purpose. We got 1 MBPS line from ISP. Pretty nice WiMax device. I dont no model number sorry. the device we have is able to catch range between 14~15 km's. I tested download speed from Microsoft's web site. On a single machine i get 130 kbps speed. Not bad at all.

If you did Wireless installation before, i suggest you to try this. Main advantage of this product is it is "POE" ( POE = Power over ethernet ) no need to stretch power cable towards antena which is located at terrace of building. Just a single ethernet cable gives power to the Alvarion device and its power translation and ethernet contained equipment remains at your server room. So no worries in rainy season or in winter.

Daniel might be know about this company. Alvarion's HQ is located at Tel Aviv. You people can check out there web site too. RAD WIN is famous wireless device manufacturing company. Alvarion may be the good competition for them. But i noticed most wireless manufacturing companies have Head quarters in Israel & there manufacturing plants are also in Israel ..Why is that ? Any idea ? Daniel ???
    Like most electronics companies are in China because labour is cheaper.

Regards,
    Amey Abhyankar.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: Alvarion WiMax . Good product .

Closing thread as I believe this is spam and will be reporting to Admins.

I will leave it up to their discretion whether to reopen it or not

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I'm not sure what you wanted to say, but I'll keep this thread up and open it for now in order to let you explain.

(Daniel, in a somewhat strange good mood that won't last for long, double-posters and spammers - beware!)
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
        I'm not sure what you wanted to say, but I'll keep this thread up and open it for now in order to let you explain.

(Daniel, in a somewhat strange good mood that won't last for long, double-posters and spammers - beware!)

I thought this thread might be informative for people from corporate world. No product advertising to say. I specified name because somebody would thought oh yes it's "Linksys". But thats not a "Linksys" device. i went thought "FAQ" over here.
        Product names except any Microsoft product is supposed to be a spam contained
        thread? Like in "Cisco Security" topic i mentioned specific name of "Cisco ASA"..Moderators from that section did not send my thread to you as a SPAM. I think name of specific product doesnt spoil forum rule. Well if this is the case i think i should only read "Cisco Security" and "Cisco" forums over here. I wont tell anybody about any good product no matter it's a Microsoft product or Alvarion product.

All i wanted to say is as many companies looking for wireless solutions this could be the ideal solution. Most times peoples go for "Linksys". But there are other good options like this 1 too. And advantages ofcourse of this is similar to other wireless products. If you never worked with Wireless equipment it might sounds weird to you, but yes 80 % wireless manufacturers are from Israel not from China
        or Korea.
        All in 1
        Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

No, its nothing to do with mentioning specific products - -we do it all the time. Its just that we (the mod squad) are all wary of "unsolicited" posts recommending a particular product (rather than mentioning it as part of a problem or a solution). It is a standard reaction to close a "dodgy" post and discuss it privately, then take appropriate further action. This way we keep spam to a minimum and let everyone focus on genuine posts.

Please dont take our actions personally -- I've seen your posts and you provide much helpful information.

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X