Install XP Using RIS From Server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install XP Using RIS From Server 2003

Would somebody please be as so kind to post a link as to were I can find a guide for Installing Windows XP Pro Using RIS From a 2003 Server.

I am desperatly trying to learn this and I am having great difficulties.
    I know absoloutly nothing about this subject so any help is greatly appriciated.

--Kris--

Re: Install XP Using RIS From Server 2003

gives one or two links
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

This one looks quite helpful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325862

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Fank Yoo

Your help is much appriciated!!!!

--Kris--

Comment

I'll reiterate what I said earlier; this is not a small subject and takes a lot of fiddling before you get it working just the way you want it.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

You said this about Unattended Installations. But, I got them working right, thanks to the small posts that people made. They actually helped me.

--Kris--

Comment

Well, maybe if you posted exactly which part of this large subject you were having an issue with, I could be more specific in my help...?

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

I know nothing

I have been told about it , and i was looking for a link on were to start.

I need to install Windows XP Pro remotely from a Windows 2003 Server.

Ossian, the link you posted was to install Windows 2003 Server from XP

--Kris--

Comment

Originally posted by Eternity View Post
                I know nothing

Ossian, the link you posted was to install Windows 2003 Server from XP

--Kris--
                Actually it was to install Windows Server 2003 using RIS, which requires Active Directory, DHCP and DNS to be running. The procedure for XP is pretty much the same, except you are prompted for the XP install CD early in the process.

Did you check any of the other 42 million links google gives?

As Stonelaughter says, this is a complex topic and a better idea of what you are trying to accomplish would be useful. Since you mentioned your age in an earlier post, I assume you are doing this for your own training (using evaluation software), not in any operational environment?

Tom
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes that would be correct.

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, and for not specifying anything. It is just i didnt know what to specify lol.
                  I was just wondering were to start, as this is a subject I have to learn.

--Kris--

PS: Thanks for the input anyway, ill have a look.

Comment

Tech Net holds the answers my friend

Waves Magic Wand

The others are right Eternity theres much reading to be done. This should keep you occupied for a while

Good Luck
                    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
                    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Eternity,
                      by the sound of it you are preparing for Exams 70-270 and / or 70-290. Is that correct?

If so, why not tell us what books / materials you are using and what training lab setup you have

Tom
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Well, to be honest, Im using Train Signal Video Tutorials etc...
                        Its pretty good, but, I could use some advice on which books to get. Yes, I am preparing for them

Ill post my lab setup later, because I cant be bothered right now lol.
                        To tired

--Kris--

Comment

Sybex: MCSE Windows Server 2003 Certification Kit

This is a must in my opinion for anyone doing their MCSE; even those with lots of experience will get loads of value from them. They're written well, and manage to get it across without the usual sleep induction techniques.

Tom

Comment

Thank you, and sorry for the lack of input in my posts. I will think twice before posting next time

--Kris--

Comment

Working...
                            X