Crap Cleaner - To get, or not to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap Cleaner - To get, or not to get?

After surfing for mindless hours on the internet, I came across a Program called c c l e a n e r (C r a p C l e a n e r)

C C l e a n e r is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

Here is some information I copied from the website: URL REMOVED BY ADMIN

C l e a n e r
    This is the main feature of the program, which will allow you to optimize your system, by removing unused and temporary files. It also protects your personal privacy by removing traces of the websites you have visited and the files you have opened.
    (It's important to point out that it does this without removing any files you'll still need!)

Issues
    This is a more advanced feature which analyses your computers registry (where windows system settings are stored) and fixes any problems and inconsistencies that exist.
    It also checks for old shortcuts in your start menu and on your desktop.

Tools
    This section allows you manage installed programs and applications that run when you turn on your computer.

Check out the website for more information.
    Believe me, this is a must download!
    Last edited by danielp; 30th November 2006, 10:50.

Re: Crap Cleaner - To get, or not to get?

Sorry, but I don't believe you.

Readers please note. This program is NOT endorsed by these Forums. If you do decide to use this or similar programs, make sure you do a data backup before you install it/them and you have either a System Restore Point or a Registry backup made in case things go wrong.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

And why do you not believe me?

This program tells you, and asks if you want to backup your files/folders/registerys etc before you do anything that deletes files etc..

Very nifty cool program. Take my word for it, or dont...
      But Yes, as it was stated, backup everything first

--Kris--

Comment

Originally posted by Eternity View Post
        And why do you not believe me?
        --Kris--
        Because I don't know you.
        Because you said "Believe me, this is a must download!" (The usual phrase of a scammer - NO, I am not saying you are a scammer, just it is the type of phrase they use)
        Because you are young and just starting out in this Profession and therefore inexperienced and nice shiny toys with whistles and bells just MUST be good.
        Because you have a lot to learn.
        Because so many of these "cleaners" cause more problems than they fix.
        Because I don't like the name.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Because I don't know you. - Fair enough
          Because you said "Believe me, this is a must download!" (The usual phrase of a scammer - NO, I am not saying you are a scammer, just it is the type of phrase they use) - Not a scammer, but I didnt realize thats the way they talked. Sorry.
          Because you are young and just starting out in this Profession and therefore inexperienced and nice shiny toys with whistles and bells just MUST be good. - I didnt find this, a person I know, also on this forum, who has done and passed all his exams uses this also.
          Because you have a lot to learn. - True
          Because so many of these "cleaners" cause more problems than they fix. - Also know this, but this one hasnt let me down yet unlike others.
          Because I don't like the name. - lol.

Comment

I didnt find this, a person I know, also on this forum, who has done and passed all his exams uses this also.
            "And would the mystery guest sign in please"
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

OK, time this discussion moved on.

Eternity, just a suggestion:
              Normally unsolicited offers of "helpful tools" lead to problems (think about pop up ads saying your PC is infected as an example) and we've learnt from bitter experience to take them with a large pinch of salt. You may want to wait until someone describes a situation where you think such a tool will help, then offer it.
              Also, consider posting a link and your personal experiences, rather than text C&Ped from the supplier -- we would find your impressions a lot more interesting than someone elses marketing copy.

Please dont take any of this as criticism, just friendly advice -- I've been where you are and learnt (the hard way) that sometimes other ways are the best If you do want to discuss it further, lets take it off line using Private Messages.

Tom
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, advice took. I am sorry.
                I just thought I would share some things...

Mystery guest is [email protected] lol if your curious.

Sorry.

--Kris--

Comment

Mystery guest is [email protected] lol if your curious.

No, just confused Are you saying you are [email protected]?

Tom
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nope Im kris, [email protected] is a guy called colin.

Why would i make 2 accounts? lol.

Comment

Kris, since you're obviously not a one-time poster here I chose not to delete this entire thread, but instead I just edited parts of your original post, plus removed the URL.

In the future, when posting such a post (which looks like, smells like, and probably is self promotional and looks like you actually have a personal iterest in it, especially since it's a new post and not a part of someone's thread), please PM one of the mods to get their opinion before posting.

Are we clear?
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Yes, very, very sorry.

PS: LOL! It aint my program, I thought I would post things I thought were internesting and helpful though, sorry

Comment

Sorry to join the discussion.
                          I've used that freeware tool many times, and a few times it saved my ass. (or at least a lot of work).

Personally i like it too, however cause it's really manageble, i would deploy it into an enterprise domain.
                          Marcel
                          Technical Consultant
                          Netherlands
                          http://www.phetios.com
                          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I have used the Program a couple of times, and it does do what it says. the only problem I've found on it , is if you Don't have a Backup copy of your OS to reinstall. this CC Program after a few times of running it. will make you Reinstall your OS. As you notice on there sight it always seen to have a new Ver. No.

LOL, Tells me that after fixing a problem that they have many others to fix.
                            and or Redo. I'd say use at your own Risk. And if it FUBAR'S Your System. well you were warned.
                            "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by pclinc View Post
                              I have used the Program a couple of times, and it does do what it says. the only problem I've found on it , is if you Don't have a Backup copy of your OS to reinstall. this CC Program after a few times of running it. will make you Reinstall your OS. As you notice on there sight it always seen to have a new Ver. No.

LOL, Tells me that after fixing a problem that they have many others to fix.
                              and or Redo. I'd say use at your own Risk. And if it FUBAR'S Your System. well you were warned.
                              And you come to this conclusion how???

I've been using CCleaner for years with abolutely no problems whatsoever. You do realise that any reg deletions can be recovered if you backup the data in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X