Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmos setting wrong

hi all,

My comp is 3yrs old,pent 4,256mb,845 via chipset motherboard.From yesterday iam facing the problem whenever i switch on the computer a screen comes up

American Megatrends AMIBIOS (C)2001

INTEL (R) PENTIUM 4 CPU.1 800GHZ

DEL :SETUP F8:BOOT MENU F12:NETWORK

CMOS SETTING WRONG

PRESS F1 TO RUN SET UP

everytime i has to press f1 to start the computer,so i change the cmos battery but the problem still persist,so what should i do.

Re: cmos setting wrong

If the battery has failed and has been replaced, you will have lost settings

Try going into setup and using a "default settings" option, then see if you still get an error when rebooting. If you dont, go back and customise settings.
    If you still get an error, the problem is deeper than lost settings.

Did anything else happen yesterday that might have upset the BIOS?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      If the battery has failed and has been replaced, you will have lost settings

Try going into setup and using a "default settings" option, then see if you still get an error when rebooting. If you dont, go back and customise settings.
      If you still get an error, the problem is deeper than lost settings.

Did anything else happen yesterday that might have upset the BIOS?

Tom
      i replace the battery but still the problem persist.

Comment

Yes, I understood you had replaced the battery.

If the battery had run out, you will have lost earlier settings. Thats why I suggested using a "default settings" option to see if new settings saved.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Yes, I understood you had replaced the battery.

If the battery had run out, you will have lost earlier settings. Thats why I suggested using a "default settings" option to see if new settings saved.

ok i will try that and revert you.

Comment

This will work. This is a common occurence when you do anything from Replacing your battery, or just taking it out, to Flashing your bios.
            Just change your settings to the default like Ossian said and it should work.
            If it dosn't, something is seriouslly wrong lol.

--Kris--

Comment

Working...
            X