company website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• company website

Looking to see if anyone can help me with my problem. I have a small domain (15 users) and a website hosted by an ISP. I transferred our website domain from one ISP to another. Now when i make changes to our site and ftp them to our new ISP (no errors) the changes dont' dispaly from within our domain.

Outside our domain I can see the changes to our homepage via the internet, but not from within. We have a mixture of browsers and I have tried deleting cookies, upgrading to IE 7, re-setting browser history and nothing has changed within our router.

Still can't see updates that I have made and transferred to our website from within. Could anyone please advise as to what I haven't maybe tried.

Thanks to all who repond.

Re: company website

How long has it been since you switched your webserver host?
    Is the old webserver still active?
    Do the updates eventually show up?
    Are you using ISA?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I have no in-house web server, I created site here at work and FTP to ISP when I update the site, our ISP hosts our site. When FTPing the transfer goes fine. However, from any computer here at work I try to visit our site to see if anychanges actually too place and it's like I never change our index.htm.

Noticed problem right after we switched from one ISP to current one. Since files are actually FTPing to their hosting server, thats all the support I get out of them. As stated before, I can't for the life of me figure out what could of happen to make all my systems not be able to see new changes of our homepage via the internet from within our domain. Internet works fine, all content on the internet displays no problem

At home or anywhere else I can see the changes right off the bat to our homepage. Strange huh?

Comment

Originally posted by tedkilroy View Post
        I have no in-house web server
        Never thought you did.

I'll a little more clear with my questions...

How long has it been since you switched your hosting provider?
        Does the old provider still have an active server for you?
        Do the updates eventually show up on the LAN?
        Are you using ISA on the LAN?
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I think what JeremyW is asking is "What type of proxy server do you have in-house?" Since everything works fine outside your "world" and the web site is hosted outside your "world", the problem is somewhere inside your "world".

Ciao,

Rick
          Last edited by rvalstar; 26th December 2006, 01:19.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

JermeyW, we switched ISP's about a month ago. We will end service with old server this week (27th) and no the updates don't eventually show up here on our LAN. We are not using ISA.

Rvalstar, we do not go through a proxy server.

Comment

OK, check your local DNS server and see if have an entry pointing to the old server.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi

go to the command line and use "tracert your-website.com" and see where you get at the last hop.

it should tell you if you go to the new hosting or to the old.
                MCSE 2000 Done
                RHCE Done

Comment

Got it fixed, thanks to all that replied.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.
                    Would you mind telling us what the issue was? It may help others as well.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X