Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arcserve 2000 wont uncompress restored files!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcserve 2000 wont uncompress restored files!

Hi All

I have a DC W2K SP4 fully patched. Unfortunately We use Arcserve 2000 here to do our daily backups to a DDS4 tape.

We have software compression enabled as our full system backup would not fit onto an uncompressed tape.

Here's the rub.. When I try to restore a small (14Mb) directory or even a 5.2Mb Access database it remains compressed when Arcserve restores the directory/files.
    I have tried restoring to original location, a location of my choice, I've tried doing it using the restore wizard and also the restore manager but the result is always the same. I have googled this but most results refer to BrightStore (the new version)

When I look through the tree in the restore wizard or manager Arcserve tells me that the size is as it should be 14Mb but when the files are checked after the restore (sigh!) yup they're still compressed size.
    I have disabled the software compression and tried again, but still no luck.

We have just about given up on this, any help would be appriciated.
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Arcserve 2000 wont uncompress restored files!

The best answer is to move to Arcserv 11.5 or/and contact CA PSS...
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: Arcserve 2000 wont uncompress restored files!

Thanks for that. I kinda thought that would be the sensible option, now all I've got to do is to convince the company I'm outsourced to !
      The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
      ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X