No announcement yet.

Hidden Shares and Solaris

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Shares and Solaris

Hi all,

I am working for a company which recently updated the network structure and now we have all our folders in a hidden share called
    The x stand for the numbers of our main server IP address.

I manage a testlab with a few PCs and Sun machines connected within a private, secure LAN which uses the gateway to connect to the company's main LAN where the hidden share is.

I have a Sunblade150 machine with Solaris 10 installed. I used to use the terminal console to connect to the main LAN and download the needed files. I used to connect with the commands:

then browse to the righ folder with

cd /browsers/mozilla

and then to download the file:

get filename

At the moment, I can connect with no problems to the server but since the folders are under the hidden share data$, I cannot see them or go into them.

Is there any way I can access those folders from the terminal console in a similar way to what I used to do?

I think Samba would solve the problem, but I tried to install it and is not working and, to be honest, it involves a lot of knowledge, time and patient to get it working, so I am looking for an easier solution or work around, although I don't know if this would be possible at all.

Any help is more than welcome!

Re: Hidden Shares and Solaris

FTP and SMB/CIFS shares isnt the same.
    Its recommanded to get support from Solaris expert to redesign
    the infrastructure.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: