Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail to hotmail not working

Hi all

I have a friend who has his own company but the IT is done on a shoe string. Recently his Mdaemon mail server would not e-mail AOL or Hotmail. In the logs it shows as connecting to the mail server and all goes well. I can telnet to port 25 to a hotmail server and it all goes well. But the recipients hotmail account does not have the mail in. I can e-mail a yahoo! account not problem. And reply. I can e-mail the hotmail account from the yahoo! account no problem. but not from the server.

I've checked to see if his ip address is blacklisted (it is dynamic anyway) and it isn't.

Any ideas?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: E-mail to hotmail not working

well the aol blocking is explained here I assume that hotmail does the same, I will let you google it.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S
      well the aol blocking is explained here I assume that hotmail does the same, I will let you google it.
      I didn't know about that - Cheers for the information!

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

So basically AOL wont accept any emails from a mail server on a dynamic IP, only via the ISP's own servers. Yet another black mark against them

Tony, could you get your friend to set up MDaemon to use the ISPs server as a smart host for outgoing mail, i.e. forward everything to it for onward transmission. Most servers allow that, but I dont have an MDaemon handy to check where it is done.

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
          So basically AOL wont accept any emails from a mail server on a dynamic IP, only via the ISP's own servers. Yet another black mark against them

Tony, could you get your friend to set up MDaemon to use the ISPs server as a smart host for outgoing mail, i.e. forward everything to it for onward transmission. Most servers allow that, but I dont have an MDaemon handy to check where it is done.

Tom

Thanks for the info Lior_S. Yes Tom ill try to setup a smart host.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X