Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't my mouse open the file, rather than search.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why won't my mouse open the file, rather than search.

Hey ya'll, I'm new to the site and I have enjoyed reading the posts put up from time to time, I'm looking forward to learning a few things.
    I have one computer on my network that will only search, rather than open a file when I double click on it. Here is what happens:
    on my desktop I can rightclick on the start menu and rather than have Open it has Search at the top of the list.
    same result when I go into My Computer --I can open the network connection, or access the different drives (C drive, D drive, etc) but when attempting to access a file by double clicking, the search window comes up rather than opening the file.
    Microsoft didn't have any info for me when I searched their help and support files on XP, no help from the website either.
    I figure one of my fellow techies out there may have an idea, I think I've exausted all my options on fixing it but this seems so simple that I must have missed something.

Re: Why won't my mouse open the file, rather than search.

Hi Yoda, actually, I have a totally different question. Maybe you can help me.

Why does a user post a technical question on a feedback forum?

Thread moved to the right forum, user will not do it again, or user will need to look for a different forum to post at.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

hey that's a good question, sorry I'm not able to help you with that answer, but thanks for the redirection to where this question does belong. Next time I have a question like this I know where to post...now that we have that established, do you have any helpful feedback as to what I should do about this issue? Thanks.

Comment

Have a look here and see if that helps. If not, try here.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the links biggles77! While I did not fix this particular problem, the links did give me good references for other issues that have crept up. 'preciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X