Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IntelŽ XeonŽ Processor E3-1246 v3 VS: E3-1271 v3

hello ,
    i am looking into entry-level server processors, and comparing these two.

http://ark.intel.com/compare/80908,80916

I have two questions:
    one processor cost 50$more then the other, yet the cheaper one has an extra GPU. is that considered a loss in the server processor criteria , or the price deference goes to the 100 MHZ extra from the 1271 v3 or other unwritten feature ?

my second question is , "Embedded Options Available"
    i have tried to understand what that means , as other E3 made a year before has that , and if any one can elaborate what that means in the real world , that would be great.

thanks alot

J

Re: IntelŽ XeonŽ Processor E3-1246 v3 VS: E3-1271 v3

Originally posted by jenesis View Post

i have tried to understand what that means , as other E3 made a year before has that , and if any one can elaborate what that means in the real world , that would be great.

thanks alot

J
    Check out the last page of this PDF doc - it has some info
    http://www.apc-displays.co.uk/upload...rs/haswell.pdf

Otherwise, could not find anything else beyond what the page you link to says.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by jenesis View Post
      "Embedded options available" means there are versions of the processor that are designed with embedded systems in mind.

"Embedded systems" is a general term for special-purpose computing platforms, such as:
      • HVAC systems
      • TV/cable set-top boxes
      • Routers
      • All kinds of telecom equipment
      • Automotive systems (anything from ignition control and cruise control to in-car entertainment systems)
      • Industrial control systems (like those used to control assembly line robots in car factories of blast furnaces in a steel mill)
      • Alarm and monitoring systems (everything from burglar alarms and home automation systems to monitoring systems for water purification plants or nuclear reactors)

...and lots more. CPUs designed for embedded use are typically slower than their non-embedded cousins, but at the same time require a lot less power. They can usually be passively cooled, and there's often a certain amount on-chip ROM and/or RAM inside the CPU itself.

Comment

thanks all

Comment

Working...
        X