Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell server R910

Hi friends,

I have dell R910 server and when I want to go to bious by pressing f2 I get system halt error and stack there any suggustion.

Re: Dell server R910

Does it boot normally?
    Does it boot from the Dell configuration media (sorry, can't remember the name)

Are you under warranty - if so, this is definitely one for Dell support
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If the server is not under warranty then as a last resort you can manually flash the BIOS via bootable media. Use the standalone file here: http://tinyurl.com/q2sqmwe Note that any settings you have may be wiped out if your present BIOS cannot be read. However, it may be a hardware fault in which case flashing the BIOS manually won't help.

BUT!
      Before you start make sure you have a back up of ALL your data, even if it means pulling the disk(s) out and copying the data off them. If you use a RAID array you should use Dell support even if it means paying to extend the warranty.

I would also use Dell's support site and enter your service tag to get support results tailored to your needs.

You can also ring them for advice - you won't get as much support as if your device was in warranty but in my experience Dell will not leave you high and dry.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
        You can also ring them for advice - you won't get as much support as if your device was in warranty but in my experience Dell will not leave you high and dry.
        Ditto! You can give them a ring and they'll help you out a bit even if it's not under warranty.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X