Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'oh! RAID card and 2012

Hi

I've just discovered the reason I am unable to install 2012 R2 on our spanking new PowerEdge R210 II server is because Dell do not provide driver support for the Perc S300 RAID card with that OS

Anyone have a workaround for this?

I can connect the drives (presently two drives in RAID 1), to the motherboard but I'd rather use hardware RAID for this machine.

Thanks!
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: D'oh! RAID card and 2012

Originally posted by Blood View Post
    Hi

I've just discovered the reason I am unable to install 2012 R2 on our spanking new PowerEdge R210 II server is because Dell do not provide driver support for the Perc S300 RAID card with that OS

Anyone have a workaround for this?

I can connect the drives (presently two drives in RAID 1), to the motherboard but I'd rather use hardware RAID for this machine.

Thanks!
    Have you tried the Server 2012 drivers?? Should be the same I would imagine.

Comment

Re: D'oh! RAID card and 2012

Hi, wullieb1

Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, there is no official 2012 support

However, I found a comment (by Geneticus) to a post on Dell's site that suggested extracting the 2008 R2 drivers from a driver deployment pack. This appears to have worked and 2012 R2 is installing as I type this.

If anybody else experiences this issue you will need to go to Dell's support site and enter your service tag. On the Drivers section you will see a Dell OS Driver Pack listed. Download that and follow Geneticus' instructions to extract the PERC drivers:

Download the Drivers for OS Deployment package.
      Extract the contents to a folder using WinRar.
      Navigate to the "payload" folder.
      Extract the drivers.tgz file to another folder
      (Extract the TAR file and then extract the contents of the TAR file)
      Browse to the "\W3N37\default" folder and copy the contents to use for an "F6" install.

Windows Setup installed the driver (which is for the PERC S100 and PERC S300), and the virtual RAID drive was then visible.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks, for following up with the answer to your own question it came in very handy for me today.

Comment

Working...
        X