RDX system with Windows 2k8 R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDX system with Windows 2k8 R2

I have an HP RDX 1TB external unit connected to Windows Server 2k8 R2 it is working and backup the whole C drive.

What I would like to do is to exclude a few folder from this backup I have a few folders that holding images of other workstations, Is that possible ?
    I could not find any way to select any folder or file with this backup system.

Thank you

Re: RDX system with Windows 2k8 R2

What are you using for your backup? In Windows Backup you can exclude folders.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Jeremy I'm using what has been supplied by hp
      They have this rdx hp utility software with getting installed with the driver.
      Are you familiar with this software ?

Thanks

Comment

I am not familiar. Just googled it and it looks like a hard drive cartridge system.

I have used Backup Exec and Windows backup on such systems but I've found that managing the media to be a big pain. I've had to write some script to run RSM commands to make sure the media was ready.

If the RDX software has utilities for managing the media then you might be able to use that combined with Windows Backup to get what you need done.

I would really look at moving away from using the RDX utility for backups.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

it kinda too late now, I just got it. the HP software provide a track on which cartridge is in and when so it make life easier on that part it also have a boot recovery which is nice and easy. the only thing is I can not find any file or folder selection, after I install the driver it start to backup did not ask me what or how, also it has a nice monitoring let you know if the cartridge is missing and life span. I just wish it had this option, and it will be great.

Thanks

Comment

Well, you're at the mercy of the HP software if you don't want to move away from it.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X