Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC hangs before boot

Hello

My problem is that when I start my PC it hangs on first screen before booting and goes on boot screen after 5 to 10 minutes. And if I go to bios options it works very slow to move on bios options. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Re: PC hangs before boot

Desktop or laptop?
    How old?
    What MoBo?
    What Processor?
    Can you get into BIOS setup?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Desktop lenovo 7523-71g.
      Processor is Intel core 2 Duo.
      Yes I can go to Bios. It has 4GB ram.

It boots from sata hard drive with windows 7 installed in it.

I have checked the RAMs they are working on another PC of same model. I have checked other PC'c Ram ( same model/Brand) on the subject PC.

But same problem exist. I have also disconnected Hard drive and CD ROM cables. But problem still exists.

Comment

This is the point during which the hardware is checked. The part before the operating system starts is referred to as POST - Power On Self Test.

The first thing to do is to reseat all your connections inside the PC and try again.

Check the manual and see if the computer is able to display any diagnostic info (sometimes a series of lights or the PC will emit a series of beeps). You can check these, if present, with the PC's manufacturer.

The fact that it took a long time to get into the BIOS settings suggests that you do have a hardware problem.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Done as you said but still problem exists.

Comment

Originally posted by labist View Post
            Done as you said but still problem exists.
            Check out P51 here http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/th...df/53y6319.pdf

That may be your best course of action.
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Many moons ago I had a similar issue, I was overclocking my rig and had changed a setting in the bios, then my computer experienced similar symptoms.
              From memory I think i just reset the bios settings back to default and everything was fine and dandy.
              Have you tried booting the computer with bare minimum, just ram, cpu, power, display?
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Take you PC back to the basics that it requires to boot:

Power Supply
                Motherboard, CPU and FAN
                Single stick of RAM
                Keyboard

Does it boot normally and get passed the BIOS screen to a point where it tries to boot but can't?

Start adding bits back after that singularly and see when it craps out.

I'm a bit confused by the comment "It boots from sata hard drive with windows 7 installed in it."

What exactly do you mean by this?

Comment

Performed all the steps but no luck. I have tried replacing PSU and RAM of same model but still problem exists.

Comment

No beebs at power-on indicating an issue?
                    When did this problem started?

Tried the latest BIOS update?

Try to boot without network cable attached and without any UBS devices (i.e. iPhone, mouse, ect) or any other external devices but you monitor plugged in.

/Rems
                    Last edited by Rems; 22nd October 2013, 12:10.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Here I want to pointout one thing that somehow slow movement problem in bios has gone but still having delay in POST.
                      And strange thing is that sometimes it does not delay on POST and I can go to bios or boot quickly without any delay.

Comment

Working...
                      X