No announcement yet.

HP MSA2000 set-up help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP MSA2000 set-up help

Hello and thanks for reading,

One year ago, I inherited several hardware components from our main office. I'd like to use them now, but I'd need a few help as I never worked with this kind of hardware. I used google to find information on how to proceed but I can't find something useful.

The hardware I'm talking about is one HP DL380 server and one MSA2000 array (fiber), The array has 10 TBs (SAS disks), and I'd like to use it as extra storage for our LAN (SBS with 25 clients).

Could anybody give me an idea on how to set this up?, what OS should I use in the server (the server has also fiber cards) can I use Windows?, I believe I can't have a second server in my Small Business Server 2008 network...

Is it difficult to build the MSA array?

Thank you very much in advance for you answers

Re: HP MSA2000 set-up help

I cannot comment about MSA, but there is no problem having additional servers (or even additional domain controllers) on an SBS network
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Setup for the MSA2000 is here

The server you can install Windows on it. The 2nd server with SBS is a myth. You can have a 2nd server and as far as i'm aware a 2nd DC, as long as the SBS server holds all the FSMO roles. Someone will no doubt correct me if i'm wrong.

Make sure you have all the correct drivers for the fibre cards.

Thanks a lot for your input. I really thought that I could't add another server to the SBS Standard LAN, but yeah this is great.

Best regards,