IBM X3650 not powering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM X3650 not powering

hey guy, my PSU is AC on but DC off, my server not powering. I buy new PSU but problem persist

Help me, plz.

Re: IBM X3650 not powering

If you have replaced the PSU with a good one (and tested it is good) there is probably also MoBo damage. Is the server under warranty?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Did you plug in the connector for the CPU? I know an idiot who didn't do that and I, err I mean they went and purchased a new PSU. They got it right second time round.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        If you have replaced the PSU with a good one (and tested it is good) there is probably also MoBo damage. Is the server under warranty?
        no, it expired warranty.

Comment

I suspect it will be a (very expensive) phone call to IBM then -- try your local computer shops first
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I suspect it will be a (very expensive) phone call to IBM then -- try your local computer shops first
            Yep - thanks - I will be out of work because of this problem because it's too expensive

Comment

If this server is out of warranty, I hope the company have written it off for financial purposes and are prepared to replace it. How can you as an employee carry the can for the consequences of a hardware failure?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

If this server is out of warranty, I hope the company have written it off for financial purposes and are prepared to replace it. How can you as an employee carry the can for the consequences of a hardware failure?
                u know. this is private companies. IT Staff accept any responsibility for the server. so...i very headache when server die

Comment

No, I don't know! Fortunately UK companies are not like that and I would never work for one that is!

Suggest you consider finding a better quality of employer
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by nguyencuong030889 View Post
                    u know. this is private companies. IT Staff accept any responsibility for the server. so...i very headache when server die
                    Sorry i have to step in and say something here.

I've worked in a private organisation for almost a decade and have never seen or heard of this before. We have offices in China, India, Singapore and various other places and none of the staff we have there take personal responsibility for the equipment that is installed by the company.

IMO time to find a new job at another company that does not treat staff this way.

Or is this your company LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X