Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell PERC H700 - Update Firmware

Hi all,

Looking for info as to how Dell let you update firmware on thier servers etc. Is there an equivilent of a smart start CD in which it holds the latest drivers\firmware for thier servers?

Currently the server isnt seeing the additional drives I have added, and my suspicion is that I need to update the firmware on the RAID controller as DELL decided you couldnt use non Dell branded drives, and now you can.

Does anyone have any info on this please?

Thanks

Re: Dell PERC H700 - Update Firmware

Have you searched the Dell site?
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e....1.EBD3ZrxM5dY
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Apologies, I should have stated what Ive done. Yes I went to the Dell site and within the system management drivers section but there's just a whole heap of "stuff" there. I think I might have worked it out - there is SATA firmware there, which I will need to apply I think.

I think its crazy that company's tried to lock down the servers to specific HDD's which arent thier own they just have a sticker on them with the company logo :S

Comment

The third link in the I posted has firmware update instructions
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Guess the problem, you'll never guess.... The drives were in thier caddies but I think the problem was they werent connected fully to the RAID\SATA connector pushed them in fully and its found them. Always the simple things huh!?

Comment

Working...
          X