MP3 device for flash drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 device for flash drive

I'm looking for a MP3 player /device that you can attach to a flash drive, and it will play any music on the flash drive, thus turning it into an MP3 player. Does anyone know if something like this exists? Thanks.

Re: MP3 device for flash drive,

It certainly used to, and a quick discussion with my friend, Mr suggests it still does...
    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&cad=b
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: MP3 device for flash drive,

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      It certainly used to, and a quick discussion with my friend, Mr suggests it still does...
      http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&cad=b
      Thanks for reply. I probably did not make myself clear. The Google search shows MP3 players
      which have a fixed amount of memory. If I have music files on a flash drive I can only listen to them by plugging into a computer or car audio input. I am looking for a MP3 that you can plug in the flash drive and then listen to the music files on the flash drive thus extending the memory of the MP3 player
      I hope this helps to clarify what I am looking for

Regards
      Stanley

Comment

Re: MP3 device for flash drive

Just to claify things in my own mind.
        You have an MP3 player (or want one) that has a flash drive port so you can add additional songs to play on said MP3 player. I can only assume this is so you canhave several different flash drives that contain different types of music and it enables you to choose the music according to your mood.

eg. I owned a very nice Pioneer stereo that had a 6 CD cartridge. With the 8 different cartridges I was able to fill one with Pop, another with Classical, Jazz, Instrumental etc (no freeking opera though ) so I could quickly swap out the cartridge and play the music that suited the tone or mood of the gathering who may be listening to the music.

Is this the sort of option you are looking for or do you just want a very large drive to fill with music. If large capacity then there are a number of MP3 devices that have 64GB capacity that can hold thousands of musical numbers.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I personally haven't heard of anything like that, it would need a constant power source so need to be hooked up to a computer (your device wouldn't have enough power to drive the key for any length of time).

Comment

The only time I've seen anything like that it's been in a car stereo. My car has Blue&Me and takes MP3s off a flash drive or an iPod.

Most phones will work off an SD card though so there might be an mp3 player that works that way rather than USB.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              Just to claify things in my own mind.
              You have an MP3 player (or want one) that has a flash drive port so you can add additional songs to play on said MP3 player. I can only assume this is so you canhave several different flash drives that contain different types of music and it enables you to choose the music according to your mood.

eg. I owned a very nice Pioneer stereo that had a 6 CD cartridge. With the 8 different cartridges I was able to fill one with Pop, another with Classical, Jazz, Instrumental etc (no freeking opera though ) so I could quickly swap out the cartridge and play the music that suited the tone or mood of the gathering who may be listening to the music.

Is this the sort of option you are looking for or do you just want a very large drive to fill with music. If large capacity then there are a number of MP3 devices that have 64GB capacity that can hold thousands of musical numbers.
              Thanks for your time. Its more like the first suggestion. I am looking to be able to use different flash drives with the same MP3 player and avoiding the use of one MP3 player with a very large memory

Comment

If not a flash drive, how about an SD card slot?
                https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mp...JsbG0QXv-K2aCQ
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X