No announcement yet.

Stylus\Tablet type device - any reccomendations?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylus\Tablet type device - any reccomendations?

We currently have a printed A4 piece of paper which is laminated for people to mark if they are in or out etc. What I would like to find is some sort of tablet\stylus device which you can add templates onto so we dont have to reprint them to change. I have found this which as far as I can see plugs into a pc and displays what you write on the screen. But that isnt ideal - I want to have the tablet hold the template.

Does anyone know anything which would suffice? Or if Im not really making sense just say and I'll ellaborate.

Re: Stylus\Tablet type device - any reccomendations?

TBH, I would ask how many laminated A4 pages you can get for the price of one tablet of any sort, and ask yourself whether it will ever pay for itself.

If all you want is an electronic signature area, have a look at the Leonova ThinkPad Tablet -- unusual in that it has a resistive stylus as well as a touchscreen, so makes handwriting easier. It runs android so you could combine it with a PDF annotator and use the PDF as your template.

As an alternative, there are many applications for PCs which provide an in-out board,cf.osb&cad=b Some are free
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **