Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Doesn't Fit !?

Hi Guys,

OK, I'm probably being really dumb and missing something obvious. I looked up the type of ram in my mail server so as to get some more. 240 Pin DDR2 PC2-5300 ECC, the server specs, crucial and CPUZ all agree. I ordered some more RAM 2x2GB to replace 2x512MB, when it arrived I downed the server and... it didn't fit, the key is in the wrong place. I've double checked the RAM I have and the RAM I purchased and they are both 240 Pin DDR2 PC-5300 ECC... Please see the attached pics, I'm a little confused, what am I missing??

Many thanks

Dave
    Attached Files

Re: RAM Doesn't Fit !?

Obviously the stuff you ordered is not correct. What is the make & model of the machine the RAM is supposed to fit?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeah but I'm trying to work out where I made the mistake because both sets of Ram are supposedly identical in spec... The machine in question is a Fujitsu Primergy Econel 200 S2

Comment

IMHO go to Crucial.com and select the make/model -- they will guarentee the RAM matches
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hmmmmm, after a bit more research it looks like I should have got FBDIMM's but didn't. Can anyone confirm DDR2 and DDR2 FBDIMM has its key 4 pins apart so they are not interchangable?

Many thanks

Dave

Comment

In my experience, even if the RAM does fit in the slot it doesn't mean it will work with mobo. When ordering you have to verify that the RAM is compatible with your computer, not just that it fits the slot or is the right type of RAM.

I'll echo Tom and say go to crucial.com. Good quality RAM and a guarantee on compatibility.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X