Problem with iSCSI on Nexsan SATABeast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with iSCSI on Nexsan SATABeast

Apologies in advance if this is not in the correct forum, however, I was wondering if anyone has used a Nexsan SATABeast with iSCSI?

I'm new to iSCSI and I think I've configured the device correctly, but according to the status, the iSCSI ports are offline.

I can ping the IP address of the interfaces. When I try to add it to our ESX 3.5 host it doesn't find it - obviously not if it's offline. Somewhere I'm missing something...

The firmware revision is C067, build revision Ch67.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also, the FC connection is working fine to another server. It works in that respect - we just need to add storage to another server using iSCSI.
    Last edited by P_McG; 8th July 2011, 18:22. Reason: Spelling and additional info...

Re: Problem with iSCSI on Nexsan SATABeast

nexsan offer 24x7 phone suppor ti beleive... what did thye tell you ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi P_McG,

Is the lun less than 2tb?
      Note: with VMware 3.5 also always make sure you start the lun numbering from zero.
      Has the host been given read / write access within the Nexsan Host access?

When you get a chance send a download of the eventlog/config dump available at system information / event log to [email protected], please refer to this post and mark attention Chad.

Thank you
      Chad Steele (vcp)
      Nexsan Support

Comment

now that's a nice effort

welcome !
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Chad, wow, thank you. I have sent you the information.

Comment

I am running into similar problems with my SataBeast on VMware 4.0 U3 on a Dell Poweredge 2950. I have configured the iqn, the IP, etc. but no matter what I do I cannot see the Beast under the iSCSI storage adapter or storage. What could I be doing wrong? This is insanely frustrating.

Thanks so much!

Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Lbair89 View Post
              I am running into similar problems with my SataBeast on VMware 4.0 U3 on a Dell Poweredge 2950. I have configured the iqn, the IP, etc. but no matter what I do I cannot see the Beast under the iSCSI storage adapter or storage. What could I be doing wrong? This is insanely frustrating.

Thanks so much!

Logan

Please download the eventlog/configdump from the SATABeast web gui under system information / eventlog and send to [email protected]. Att: Chad Re: Forum, I will work with you to get the connection issue sorted out.

Thank you
              Chad Steele
              Nexsan Support

Comment

Working...
              X