No announcement yet.

HP ML110 G3 Hard Drives

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP ML110 G3 Hard Drives

I have a HP ML110 G3 server and want to fit some Seagate drives. The Maximum the server would take according to HP is 500GB. HP drives are to expensive and wounder if there might be any problems fitting Seagate drives?

Re: HP ML110 G3 Hard Drives

HP will only support those 500GB drives.
    If you look at the model numbers, and find the same grey-market model, it should be ok.

basically, a 3.5" 500GB HP Branded Seagate drive is the same as a 3.5" 500GB aftermarket Seagate drive

however, ifHP have information about your system they'll try and give you devices with the exact same firmware, which could potentially make a difference..
    i normally try and keep all the same level firmware in an array
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

I'd be surprised if a G3 was still in warranty, we're onto the the G7 now.

The 110 is (IME) not fit for purpose as a server anyway, and shame on HP for selling it as such. It's a low end desktop spec, no redundant PSUs and the crappy RAID controllers don't even support RAID 5.

Anyhoo, leaving aside my prejudices, if the HP drives are too expensive you aren't going to replace it, so what tehcamel said holds. I agree about trying to get 2 identical drives as well.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      Cruachan's Blog

Planning to buy these

Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Hard Drive ST3500418AS

500GB Seagate ST3500418AS Barracuda 7200.12, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm, 16MB Cache, 9.5ms, NCQ

Do you think they will work with the G3??