Reimage laptop with faulty screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reimage laptop with faulty screen

My mother-in-law has a laptop that's needing reimaged, which is okay, can do but the screen is broken, only the left hand side of the screen is working. She's been running an external monitor via VGA for the past few months so it's just the screen that's cracked not a faulty graphics card.

Question is, will the external display still work if I reimage the laptop at all or will I have to use the half dead screen to reimage it until I get the graphics drivers reinstalled?

Re: Reimage laptop with faulty screen

What make/model?
    Some support alternate displays at BIOS level (function key to turn it on), some at the OS level
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It's a Dell Inspirion but not sure of the model number at the moment.

Comment

On your Dell press Fn+F8 to change the oputput to the external screen.

Comment

yep, with an inspiron you should be able to do bios-level output, using Fn-F8 like suggested
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X