Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receive disk failure notifications (HP servers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receive disk failure notifications (HP servers)

I have a couple ML350 G4p, DL360 G5/G6/G7 and a DL380 G4 (all using very recent PSP versions).

I have ran and configured the HP Management Agents Event Notifier Configuration Wizard and checked everything possible. If I pull out a HDD (simulating a failed drive) I don't receive any warnings (through e-mail).

How can I be notified of such failures. I assume the HP Systems Insight Manager would do this, but it seems excessive for just this basic feature, esp. for a small environment that I'm in.

Re: Receive disk failure notifications (HP servers)

So the warnings do occur only you don't receive an email notification? Not sure off the top of my head but generally, for emails to be received, you need to allow the IP address of each server to relay through the receive connector. I tend to create a separate receive connector locked down to specific internal server IPs. I leave the internet one alone.

Comment

Well if I look in the Array Configuration Utility I see the warnings, but it appears nothing event "wants" to be delivered through e-mail. Not sure how or where else apart from the HP Management Agents Event Notifier Configuration Wizard I can even configure anything related to this.

The Exchange server configuration shouldn't be the problem in my case as well.

Comment

I could even rephrase this, how do you guys monitor for hardware failures on HP servers (using HP tools).

Comment

I hate bumping the thread, but can anyone help me out with this.

What do you use if not the HP provided software, I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to be notified when (for example) a disk fails.

Comment

The standard HP toosl do put a warning in the event log in case of disk failure. So any tool that can monitor the evenlog will do. SNMP traps will also work.
            gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

gerth thank you for your reply. If this is the case and if I could get my hands on the Event IDs I could easily use event subscriptions.

Any references as to which IDs are logged?

Comment

Working...
              X