Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba External 2TB Drive Issue

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you guys have ever seen this issue before. Toshiba 2TB HDD stopped working. I have attached all the error images so it makes it easier to understand....

Things I have tried;

1- Check Disk (Failed)

2- Connected to 3 different machines, none of them will open the disk

3- Found this tool online Minitool Partition Wizard, and from there I can browse all of my content (Thanks God) but do not know exactly how to use it. Didnt do much with it at this point.

Some images attached, I would appreciate knowledge sharing.

Thanks

Attached Files

How old is the drive? I have gone through several external drives over the years because after about three years they stop working - not accessible, just as shown in your images. I don't use them any more, instead I invest in high capacity internal drives (3TB), and rely on online backup in case they go south, which so far they have not.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Yes, this is a 3 to 4 year old drive. I`m trying to recover the data using testdisk 7.1. If there was nothing in it, I would be ok, but there are tons of important data in it.

Comment

Surely you have backups?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Surely you have backups?
          Dont. If I had backups I would care at all.

Comment

A friend tried Testdisk and found it wanting. They used http://www.eassos.com/eassos-recovery.php to get their data back. I have since recommended it to another friend who experienced the same problem and it got back nearly the entirety of their data.
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
            X